Visiting Church Warsop for adventures with Emily & Jason


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Nottinghamshire
August 22nd 2012
Published: August 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Leaving David & Gill at Sykehouse we drove to Church Warsop in North Nottinghamshire to spend a couple of nights with my niece Emily (Charlotte's daughter) & her partner Jason. After kisses, cuddles and other such greetings it wasn't long before we were eating once again, washing it down with yet more wine following what we'd drunk with our meal at Sykehouse! We managed of course.

While we had two nights with Emily & Jason it was only really one full day on which we decided to visit York, about 90 minutes drive away. We visited the Jorvik Viking centre which Charlotte, Kev & I had visited before but it was well worthy of another visit. The Jorvik centre is a recreation of the well preserved remains of the Viking city of Jorvik which were excavated from the spot where the centre is now. Then it was off to see the Valhalla exhibition which displayed artefacts excavated in both York and the Isle of Man as well as two Viking age skeletons excavated in York which reveal how the Vikings commemorated their dead. We only had time for a quick look around the magnificent York Minster before heading back, arriving around the same time as Jason got back from work.

Another delicious meal together with an over indulgence of wine - most especially by Jason & Kev - meant it was a very late (or early morning) night of celebrations. But it sure was fun! However as all good things come to an end the next morning Charlotte, Kev & I had to reluctantly leave. Thanks Emily & Jason - do come and visit us soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Michelle, Kev, Charlotte, Jason & EmilyMichelle, Kev, Charlotte, Jason & Emily
Michelle, Kev, Charlotte, Jason & Emily

Ready for an evening meal!


22nd August 2012

feedback from your blogs
I am so enjoying your travelling news, didnt realize that you had so many friends and relatives around the world, how do you keep up with e veryone? the photos are great too, I should print the lot of and make up a booklet, but perhaps you have one planned in the pipe line michelle !!! take care enjoy the rest of your travels love Ann x

Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0354s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb