Planning almost complete!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Nottinghamshire
March 18th 2006
Published: April 25th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Route 1


The budget is almost complete - flights booked for South Africa on 25 April 2006....next stop is Cape Town! We hope to have more African sunsets in the near future.

The general plan is to travel overland from Cape Town to JoBurg via Swaziland. We fly to Perth and overland to Cairns via Broome, the Bungle Bungles, Darwin, Arnhem Land before heading to New Zealand for 10 weeks. We hope to be back in Oz for the test matches at Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney, take a side trip to Tassie, take in the tennis in Melbourne and head off for Borneo.

After that, it'll be a question of check the bank balance and head up peninsular Malaysia into Thailand, Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam.

It all sounds so easy....and we'll no doubt have to make some changes along the way....our progress will be on future blogs!

Advertisement



8th April 2006

Have a great time guys!!
Keep your site updated for all your buddies back in cloudy UK!!
25th April 2006

Happy travelling
It is 9.50am on Tuesday 25th and you will be just ready to go (I hope). Have a fantastic time. We will miss you so keep letting us know what you are up to.
10th September 2023

Amazing Trip
My comment is a bit late to the trip! I didn't realise South Africa was just Chapter One on such a big trip for you! The whole thing must have been amazing 😁
12th September 2023

2006 /2007 Trip
Thanks. Yes - the South Africa leg was Chapter 1 of what we call the "2nd Gap" and others would call a mid life crisis. The "1st Gap" was Australia / New Zealand 2002 / 2003. Alas, the plan was never totally executed. The Other Half sensed something wrong when we were in Penang and wanted to come back to the UK to get it checked out. The "something" turned out to be breast cancer. Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia remain unvisited.
14th September 2023

Gosh
Gosh, I hope all turned out well when you returned to the UK. I also hope you get to see Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia someday - all amazing countries!
19th September 2023

South Africa & Beyond
Yes ... thanks for asking. It was a good decision to come home - a long haul and retro blogging of past trips was the only option for an extended period. The passports stayed in the draw for a whole 2 1/2 years.

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0478s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb