Exploration: Nottingham


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Nottinghamshire » Nottingham
September 21st 2005
Published: September 24th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Today they fed us breakfast which wasn’t the greatest, especially since no fruit was available. We then did a whole lot. First we took a very incomplete and hard to understand/hear tour of Nottingham University Campus. It was somewhat informative if you were able to hear what the tour guides were saying. Then since we were on our own for lunch, a group of us (4 Americans, 2 Aussies, 1 Venezuelan and a Mexican) headed to the bus stop to catch a ride into the city centre. We then split up a bit and ate lunch, explored the city a bit, the shopping center called Broadmarsh, and checked out phones. I have to get a new phone it looks like because mine is not compatible with SIM cards. Then as we wandered back towards the bus stop, we got on the wrong bus because of miscommunication and ended up headed towards Loughbough, the opposite direction than where we wanted to go. So we got off and caught another bus back into the city centre and walked a bit further to the correct bus stop and finally made it back to campus just in time for dinner. Dinner was pretty good—pizza, salad, and donuts. Not the healthiest meal ever but edible is always good. Oh, and a great phrase to live by when shopping around for your next meal: “To be cheap is okay, but I don’t want diarrhea” (imagine it in a Mexican accent and you get the picture).
Later in the evening I wandered around our accommodations, checked out a bit of the massive amounts of info that I have on all sorts of things about uni and study abroad. I then headed over to the internet lab with Thu and wrote a few emails checking in and asking questions. It’s highly confusing to be an American in England, although we do speak the same language (sort of).



Advertisement



Tot: 0.026s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.011s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb