Our day trip to York


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » North Yorkshire » York
April 5th 2008
Published: April 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We'll keep this entry brief as it was only a day trip on the train to York with Joshua as he is still on his school holidays. Our first stop in York was the NRm (National Rail Museum) which is free to go inside and managed to spend just over an hour there, although if we hadn't had Josh with us, we would have spent longer. We really enjoyed the Bullet Train inside the NRM as you can also walk inside, take a seat and watch a short documentary on the on-board t.v's.
As we only had a day in York before our train home, we decided to take the NRM's road train (£2 for adults and £1 for children) from the NRM to the York Minster so this saved our legs and the walk there. We then grabbed something to eat from a bakery in the centre of York before mooching around the shops.

We discovered a man called Steve on a kind of stationary bicycle that was operating a sort of saw where he was making name-plates for children at minimal cost. The faster he peddled, the quicker his saw worked (www.rainbownames.co.uk is his website)...totally amazing!

Later, we took a boat ride along the river which took around 45 minutes and cost £14 for us two and Joshy. It got a little cool and eventually we had to sit inside the boat rather than on the top deck.
A bit more meandering around the city, and then something to eat for our tea and then it was the train ride back home again. All in all a good day out and definately do it again.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 30; dbt: 0.061s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb