Reeth to Richmond


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » North Yorkshire » Richmond
August 20th 2022
Published: August 20th 2022
Edit Blog Post

The shortest day.

Woke up with a spring in our step today - only 10.5 miles today! A breeze.

Porridge for Ellis and a full English for me and then we hit the road, leaving Reeth to continue our journey east.

Crossed the bridge out of Reeth and was confused as to what is so valuable in the town that they need a super armoured police vehicle guarding the town - and I mean one with proper armour and big guns! This is Sichi Runak‘s constituency so maybe it’s to protect him from all his local fan club…..

Saw some grouse, sheep and cows across the North Yorkshire Dales as we ambled across those rolling dales. Most run from us humans, so that’s okay; but one stubborn cow that was directly on our path refused to move. After a short stand-off we gave in and cowardly went about 30 metres in front of it in case it decided to go into attack mode - we survived!!!

Four hours into our walk and we had passed through the two small towns of Marrick and Marske, down a valley across Paddy’s bridge and were on the outskirts of Richmond. We had now completed our walking across the second National Park (North Yorkshire Dales) - only one more to go. Another mile further, past the TMC shop (this is the butcher shop that sells the produce from the farm we’re staying on) and we hit the heart of the town at the market square. Got a picture of myself enjoying the moment, but I’m not sure the locals shared my enthusiasm about our arrival - I had certainly upset one girl!

Now the challenge was on - we had to find a place to have Spag Bol for lunch. Success and a very happy Ellis!!

Off to the Co-op for some provisions for our farm stop, picked up our luggage and then went off to the farm - in a taxi (what a luxury!!). We had already received our meat order which was delivered direct to the farmhouse - we’ll be tucking into our fillet steaks whilst watching its cousins roam around the fields outside.

Three hours of rest before the family arrive - time for a quick nap and some Amazon Prime TV (All or nothing - Arsenal; easy question and obviously the answer is Nothing). Then cooked some dinner for their arrival and off to bed.

And now for 2 days off and as much rest as we can get whilst Mandy is around (my guess is that won’t be much at all…..).

Night, night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0522s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb