“Charming Yorkshire dale landscape”


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » North Yorkshire » Malham
May 23rd 2017
Published: May 23rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

“Charming Yorkshire dale landscape”

Its about 30mts walk from the main village. Better wear some rough hiking-boots as the limestones striven all over the base are slippery.

The rock face looks majestic and imposing upon the people and it kind of makes people look like Lilliputians of the Gulliver's world ! As such, tiny people are hanging on the rope and swinging around pretending to be rock-climbing and having fun.

There is a small water falls kind of hidden which I completely missed it. The water flows down to become a refreshing and relaxing ravine where school children were jumping from one mound to another. One of them jumped right into the water splashing everyone.

The rock is surrounded by several hills with never-ending green meadows as far as the eyes can see, dotted with grazing highland-cows with their long furs. Lots of land partitions using literally millions of small limestone-fences are pretty much the hallmark of rugged-hills of Yorkshire-dales.

Climbing up to the top involves walking some 400-odd steps or higking in my work-shoes. So did not do that. However, the top of the cove-rocks is in line with the roads from the opposite hill and so you don't really miss any views as it is the same from the car or from top of the cove. But you may miss the feeling of being on - 'Top of the world' stuff.

Great place for a lazy Sunday-afternoon jaunt for a solo traveler/older couples or a rustic country side escape for the family with little children.


Additional photos below
Photos: 52, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb