Day 7 - Day of rest in Malham


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » North Yorkshire » Malham
May 3rd 2008
Published: May 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Saturday 3rd May - After our epic 23 mile 'very uphill' beautiful trudge yesterday into Malham, we were very quickly starting to realise why the Pennine Way's total ascent is nearly 32,000ft - in just that one day, we felt like we had climbed Mount Everest!

Feeling slightly stiff in the morning, we decided to give our legs and feet a rest - we know there are some lovely short walks around the picturesque village of Malham, but we decided it was sensible to take it easy and relax. This was also on the basis that our feet probably were in a state of shock and would probably quite enjoy a rest themselves. We spent an enjoyable day updating our blog and chatting with enthusiasm about our wonderful experiences hiking the Pennine Way to date.

Tomorrow, Sunday 4th May, we are being joined by our friends Helen, Diana and Ralph who are going to take on the feat of hiking 15 miles with us from Malham to Horton-in-Ribblesdale, via the imposing and craggy Pen-y-ghent. The clouds seem to be rolling in, let's hope it doesn't rain...

(Due to the lack of mobile phone reception in many of the areas we are staying, sadly we are not able to update our blog as much as had been hoped; we have 'broadband on the move').

If you would like to support us in our fundraising hike, please go to www.ectopic.org.uk/fundraising/?p=46. Thank you very much for your support and for all of your messages that you have kindly added to our blog and for your emails - all of which are very encouraging and a welcome surprise whenever we are able to log onto the internet (several places where we are staying we are unable to access the internet and update our blog). Still 192 miles left to go... (Photos to follow)





Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0573s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb