Iceland 2010 - Harrogate on 2 wheels


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » North Yorkshire » Harrogate
April 9th 2010
Published: April 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Whilst still being very hungover from the night before, TC phoned to say that the bike shop had contacted him earlier saying that the bikes were ready to be collected.

I was quite surprised the first time i saw the bikes. I felt that we had managed to get our hands on a decent bit of kit for a very reasonable price. As all 3 of us were buying bikes at the same time, the bike shop, Ace Cycles, said they would cut the price down as well as include pannier racks and the fitting of them for free.

The weather today was really nice, not too hot, but a nice blowing breeze and few clouds in the sky. So after doing the golden hand shake with the guys at the bike shop the 3 of us decided to go on a cycle around Harrogate. It was quite funny seeing all 3 of us all on similar bikes, it almost seemed like we were in some sort of biker crew, like the Hells Angels, Harrogate Chapter.

We visited are cycling expert mate along the way, who seemed to be very impressed with our bikes. Today actually thinking about it was the first time I've cycled in at least 6 years, that being said a few times when we were cycling through Harrogate it made me feel as if i was in my youth again as well as having the sense of freedom and openness.

After spending a few hours in Harrogate, including a calorie intake stop at Subway all 3 of us went are separate ways. As i live about a 20 minute drive away from Harrogate i didn't really fancy cycling home, especially the ill state i was in earlier in the day. So i managed to ram, i must say quite easily my bike into the car, through collapsing a few seats and taking of the front wheel with the quick release catch.

Overall today was quite a relaxing day, i think that getting out doing some cycling in the nice weather really helped to clear my head almost curing the reminder that i was out drinking last night.

It's likely that tomorrow I'll be cycling somewhere, not sure where yet, so i hope the weather is as good as it was today.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb