"Sittin' in the Railway station; Got a ticket for my destination..."


Advertisement
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Merseyside » St Helens
February 28th 2013
Published: March 4th 2013
Edit Blog Post

“Well...not quite a railway station. Lima Airport to be exact, waiting for our flight back home after 859 of the most amazing days I should ever hope to encounter in my life. With a sense of relief, excitement, melancholy and all manner of other emotions, it's on the shores of the Pacific Ocean that our time on the road has come to an end, or for now at the very least...” I wrote those wo... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 50, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




4th March 2013

Oh my goodness, is this the end!?
I certainly hope it is not, but it does sound like it could be for a while. I knew that feeling of grinding weariness that takes hold if one packs and unpacks on a frequent basis for prolonged periods of time. I've really loved your writing style and those glorious photographs, but I will have to satisfy myself with reading your past travels now.
4th March 2013

We miss it already in many ways...
Hi Shane, thanks for your kind words both now and throughout the past few years. One of the unexpected things to come of traveling was the communication we had with others on this site which was something we've really enjoyed and will continue to be a part of. We remain avid followers of blogs on this site (yours most certainly included in that list) and for the time being, settle ourselves with weekends exploring some of the European cities we've wanted to see - still blogging along the way of course!
4th March 2013

A marvelous summary
We too, are sad your travel journey has ended. We enjoyed following along and hearing your impressions of each location. Your new life, your new home will be filled with joy and you'll always have the memories. We love your writing so we hope you will blog from time to time about your local area as you are the expert. Wow, 859 days on the road is impressive. We would not be able to last that long. Love, love, love your expert skills with both the camera and your word descriptions.
4th March 2013

Thanks
We can't wait to get into the new place and hang some of these photos on the walls! We've always appreciated your comments and will continue to follow your journey with interest (and likely a bit of envy!!).
4th March 2013

I missed hearing from you, but knew your trip had come to an end...
so it was wonderful to read such personal reflections in your wrap up. Have you returned to the practice of law, or something else that doesn't consume 80 hrs/wk? I wish you the best...and hope you blog occasionally about local trips and holidays. Just don't drop off the face of the earth!
4th March 2013

We won't!
Hi Bob & Linda! Amy is still in the legal field, I'm doing recruitment work (which isn't too far from 80 hours per week!). We do miss it to be honest, very much so at times. We've actually got a few blogs to go up from some recent european trips so we won't be away from this site for very long! Thanks for following us along the way - we really have appreciated every word!
4th March 2013

An absolute gem between travel blogs
I just simply loved to read your stories and the picture always had the WOW factor!!! Was sorry to read your Inca Trail blog as I knew that was the end but what a great summary here. Well done on all what you have achieved and thank you for the journey. Good luck guys and take care in UK Beata
4th March 2013

Even though the 859 days of journeying are over, I'm glad to read that you will continue blogging and traveling intermittently through Europe. You have wonderful blogs and photos and you would be terribly missed if you stopped! I really enjoyed the summary lists of your travels and can't wait to read your next one whenever that may be~
5th March 2013

awesome pics
I love the pictures you take, they are incredible. I am glad you enjoyed tango and our famous steaks. Go on enjoying life and the future plans to go on travelling. Hugs from Argentina. Graciela.
5th March 2013

By far my favourite couple to follow, you have had one heck of a journey. So many wonderful photos and experiences, your cover photo being my very favourite! Cheers!
5th March 2013

I love lists, thanks for this blog!. I hope you are having fun at home as well and good luck with buying the house! Looking forward to more blogs in the future :)
5th March 2013

Truly wonderful
Hi Guys. Your writing is superb, and so are the photos. What an awesome combination! I've been following your blog for ages, and am pleased to read you are knuckling down to a successful life back home. If the standard of your blogs are any indication, you're sure to come out on top.
6th March 2013

Only the beginning :)
It has been fantastic reading your blogs as you go and i am sure you wont be able to settle for too long without getting out and about and seeing more of the world. Great lists and i look forward to trying to see what i need to yet see or do :) tam
9th March 2013

Reflection
Thanks guys for taking the time to cap off your wonderful travels. It was such a pleasure reading your blogs before I drifted of to sleep each night hoping to get a little last minute inspiration so I could dream of some the exotic places you guys visited. Being a travelling couple ourselves I must say your blog played a hand in us dusting off the backpacks and planning another vagabonding experience next year. If I could give you any advice it would be to take action and get all of your awesome blogs and photos into a hard copy printed book that you can share with your kids one day. We are a bit slack so have literally just accomplished this a few days ago from a trip we took 4 years ago. The book we can now touch and feel everyday is priceless. We used a program called blurb. Good luck settling back in and trying to shake the travelling bug... It seems to itch forever!

Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 21; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0815s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb