Liverpool for the day!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Merseyside » Liverpool
January 13th 2014
Published: June 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 53.4108, -2.97748

Well it looked like another sunny day ahead, we had planned to catch a train to Liverpool, so with a short walk to the Chester Train Station we bought our tickets for a 40 minute trip, and when we arrived, we grabbed a map and headed towards the Liverpool Eye, and towards the harbour. On the way there was so many huge beautiful old buildings, and with the sun shining, we just wanted to see everything.
Down at the Liverpool eye, there was boats in the water , the Beatles yellow submarine , and the Joker's boat and a few others. We went into the Beatles shop, bought some souvenirs and walked a little further where we were going to see The Beatles Story until we found out the price to go in, we liked The Beatles but thought that was way too expensive. We walked along by the harbour, had a coffee then headed up the hill to the city. We found where the main Beatles area was, went into The Cavern Club where The Beatles first held their shows and sat and had a drink. We walked along Mathew Street, a lot of Beatles history there, and arrived at the main shopping area, all streets here were just pedestrians only which went for many streets, it's was like a huge shopping centre but with no covering roof, just shops everywhere, "heaven !!"
We had all split up for some shopping which worked out well as each of us had different places we wanted to shop at. I met up with Clint for lunch ( a pie at the Pound shop!) then we were joined by Melanie, Nikki , Lorraine and Sheila who also had a pie to warm up, although it was sunny, the breeze was always cold.
Lorraine headed on a train to see a relative , Sheila went back to Chester, then we also headed home to Chester to start finding room in our suitcases for the extra shopping we bought!!
Lorraine arrived back later, then we bought some takeaway again and ate back in our room.
We had final drinks with Lorraine and Sheila to prepare for the start of our long trip home.
It's been a great time in Chester, next is heading to London to start our trip home via Hong Kong!



Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Outside the Beatles story shop Outside the Beatles story shop
Outside the Beatles story shop

Yes that's Mel and Nikki's bums, I don't want my photo taken...


14th January 2014

Wow....wow....wow... you guys need to come home for a holiday!!!! what an amazing holiday you guys are having.
15th January 2014

While your have coffee to warm up we drinking electric lights drinks dying here45 deg today 46 plus tomorrow your not missing out here .

Tot: 0.156s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb