Livin' it up in Liverpool - home of the Beatles


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Merseyside » Liverpool
November 28th 2009
Published: November 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

24 hour Liverpudlian Adventure

Being a fan of the Beatles, my friend Alma and I decided to go to Liverpool for a weekend since the National Express tickets were only 12GBP return.

The ride to Liverpool took about 5 hours from London, left London at 8am and got there at 1pm for our adventure. It rained the whole time we were there, and because we were travellers on budget, we WALKED to our B&B. It took one hour. I'll take exercise anyway I can.

Once at the B&B, Paul, the guy who worked there gave us tips on the bus system and how to find Penny Lane, which was a short bus ride away. He also gave us the general direction on how to find Paul McCartney's old house, but because it gets dark early, we couldn't/didn't have time to find it.

Scousers (what we call people from Liverpool), are generally friendlier than their London counterparts, and have a very different accent. It's very scratchy and hard to understand. It's my favourite English accent.

Youtube (British Accents): Example of the different accents: 2:33 is when the Scouse accent starts

We visited:

- The Albert Dock
- The Beatles Story
- The Cavern (the first club the Beatles played at)
- The International Slavery Museum
- The Liverpool Museum
- We visited Penny Lane (street) IN Penny Lane (area)

Here are the photos.

Enjoy.

Next trip: Holidays in North America!


Additional photos below
Photos: 124, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.197s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0714s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb