Day 50 – Wednesday, October 31, 2007


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Merseyside » Liverpool
October 31st 2007
Published: November 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Day 50 - Wednesday, October 31, 2007
We arrived in Liverpool at around 1 in the afternoon. We went to the St. Albert Docks and were allowed just enough time to grab some lunch and explore a little bit. We then headed back on the bus for a tour of Liverpool. Because of it’s history, I always thought of Liverpool to be a very industrial, dirty city, but I was amazed at how much redevelopment and how many modern buildings were coming up. We saw lots of famous places along the trip, including Penny Lane and the park where The Beatles album cover was photographed (remember the black and white one where they are all jumping in the air). We ended the tour at the Anglican Cathedral which is the 5th largest cathedral in the world (largest Anglican). It was neat but once again very dark and cold (as expected). After the Cathedral we got back on the bus to head for Manchester where we were staying for the night.
It took about an hour to an hour and half to get from Liverpool to Manchester and by the time we all got our room assignments and our bed’s claimed I was starving! A group of us headed out to the city centre of Manchester to find some cheap pub food. We passed some people dressed up on the street on the way home but it defiantly DID NOT feel like Halloween!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.257s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb