Liverpool


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Merseyside » Liverpool
July 8th 2007
Published: July 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We all slept in some today (after getting in so late last night) - didn't get to breakfast until 10am. By the time we we done, it was pouring outside so we held off on our touring for a while.
First, down Matthew Street, home of the Cavern Club where the Beatles got their start to fame.
We went to Albert Dock, where lots of sights were. Saw the Merseyside Maritime Museum, with lots of info and history about Liverpool as a ship-building and port city.
Then an attraction called 'The Beatles Story', an exhibition about the Beatles starting with their childhood. It was very well done and interesting. Stopped at a restaurant on our walk back to the hotel and had a good dinner - one of the few we've eaten at a decent time. It stays light so late, it's easy to forget about dinner until after 9pm. Right now it is 9:50pm and it looks light almost dusk - I can easily see the people on the street below, read the street signs, etc.

Tomorrow is a busy one, leaving early for a 2 1/2 hour drive to Stratford-upon-Avon, do the Shakespeare stuff, see 'Macbeth', then 1 1/2 hours to our hotel in Swindon. Probably won't have time to post, but I'll catch up on Tuesday.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0521s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb