Shakespeare!


Advertisement
Published: July 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

(We've been without internet for four days, so I'm catching up now.)

We left Liverpool early in the morning and travelled to Stratford-upon-Avon. Changing weather throughout the day, but we get some periods of good sunshine.
We toured Shakespeare's birthplace, and in the gift shop there we purchased a Shakespeare book authored by Thomas Delise, a Century High School teacher with whom Celia and Andrea had an internship this past year! Next was Hall's Croft (John Hall, a wealthy doctor, was the husband of Shakespeare's oldest daughter), and Anne Hathaway's Cottage (Shakespeare's wife). We hiked back to the car (a long hike!) and changed shoes, shirts, etc. for our evening.
After a nice dinner, we saw Macbeth in The Swan at the Royal Shakespeare Theatre. It was a stunning performance and everyody (even Christopher!) loved it. (In the gift shop there, we saw the same book by Delise! He's a legend in his own time!) Then back to car to complete our journey to central England.
After 1 1/2 hours of driving on a very dark and rainy night, we arrived at our little Pub/Hotel around 12:30am. I dropped everyone off in the back parking lot (we were to let ourselves in with a combination code for the door lock), and for some reason the lone light for this area that was on, went out. So there they were, in just about complete darkness, in the rain, with the luggage, while I parked the car. At this point, Celia apparently remarked that "it's like we are the Von Trapp family" stealing away in the night. Allison laughed so hard I'm sure she woke up a few guests!
Our rooms were suprisingly 'quaint' but we were so tired we had no trouble getting to sleep.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0634s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb