One week in. Still alive!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Merseyside » Liverpool
May 8th 2007
Published: May 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Coral: Hi everyone

We're still alive don't worry! Haven't had any time to stop and type, its been crazy and amazing.
Spent two days in London. Got off the plane, onto the train going to Cockfosters, couldn't help but laugh at that. Then at every stop they say Please Mind The Gap! Last Year 132 injuries and 1 fatality! MIND THE GAP!!! London was amazing, our BB was right beside the Tower Bridge which is beside the Tower of London. Took at tour through the tower, lots of history there. Went to St. Pauls Cathedral but it was closed, still amazing from the outside though. Went in the British Museum, that was something else! Saw parts of the Parthenon, Egyptian tombs, European history, a bit like a trip around the world in one building. Saw Portabello Road, Borough Market, Buckingham Palace etc. Went to Avebury stone circle where a Pagan wedding was taking place, bloody amazing! Went to Stonehenge, and went right in. Early in the morning the light was amazing off the stones, you could really feel the power of the place. About a million pictures taken at this point. Went to Glastonbury Tor, which I really found spectacular. You climb to the top which rises up above everything and gives you an amazing view of the area. Theres a tower on top which is all that is left of a Christian Monestary. The wind was howling, it felt like the elements were all around us. Saw Windsor Castle but didn't go in. The town around it was really nice. Actually all the towns here are really nice, old, picturesque, thatched rooves, medieval buildings. Enjoyed Stratford on Avon but Bill's grave was inside the church which was closed. Saw his Birthplace though and the town was really nice. Well now we're in Liverpool home of that band... oh whats their name? Heading out to the ferry today and going to the Isle of Man. Fill you all in as soon as we can.



Advertisement



8th May 2007

Amazingly amazing
Hey Chris and Coral We counted at least 6 "amazings" in the first blog! From what we have read, it seems like you have already done enough for one vacation and now it is time to come home... nah. Bruce and I are looking forward to seeing allllllll the pictures of Stonehenge et al. You need to find a t-shirt that says "Mind the Gap" - but people over here may think that you are talking about some clothing store. Chris - have you started driving yet? Yee-haw. Enjoy the manly isle you two - take care. Wishing we were traveling - sigh... Susan and Bruce
8th May 2007

Wish
I wish i could of been there Coral how gret it all must of been.
8th May 2007

Sounds like you've done so much already! Glad your having lots of fun :)

Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.064s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb