London Day 2


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » London
December 19th 2010
Published: December 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Nelson's ColumnNelson's ColumnNelson's Column

We also saw Nelson's real uniform at Westminster Abbey!
What an amazing day, the cold front hit London just before lunch and the snow came with a vengeance. I have never seen snow like this before in the UK.

We started the day heading to Leicester square, and headed for Trafalgar square. We went to the National Portrait Gallery and refreshed our knowledge of the chronology of the royal family, before the blizzard arrived. Trafalgar Square just looked fantastic, we finally retreated into the National Gallery with everyone else escaping the weather where Duncan ensured we didn't miss any rooms!

The storm had seemed to pass as we finally emerged and we headed to Covent Garden. On of the last shopping days before Christmas ensured there was plenty of atmosphere and we had a pork sausage and pickle from a market stall. The area is full of cool shops that captured the boys imagination, so they are already planning a return for some last minute shopping pre departure! We had no trouble getting around although the Underground was absolutely packed trying to get back to Hammersmith and we really had some challenges getting our group of five all into a carriage.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Trafalgar SquareTrafalgar Square
Trafalgar Square

Check out that frozen fountain!
Trafalgar SquareTrafalgar Square
Trafalgar Square

From the steps of the National Gallery


19th December 2010

Wow
Wow - certainly a white christmas !

Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb