London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » London
September 19th 2010
Published: October 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

What an awesome spot we have here in the Radisson Edwardian Berkshire!! I can look out of the window straight down on to bustling Oxford St. We arrived on Saturday and of course the Pope was in town! Hyde Park is just down the street where he was making a public address so the streets were absolutely packed, although a police lady told Barry that it was a rather a quiet day! I can't imagine what it's like on a busy day. horses
This morning we went on the Essential London tour and one of our stops was Westminter Abbey. We were lucky enough to be there just as dignitaries were arriving for the anniversary celebrations of the end of World war 2. There were top hats and big picture hats, soldiers with medals galore, lots of pomp and ceremony. We had a great spot right at the front when the police blocked off the traffic and along came Camilla, Prince Charles and Prince William, the car stopped right next to us at the corner. We also spotted the Prime Minister arriving and being saluted by the guard of honour. All very exciting!
We met our friends from the tour which was great, they stayed in the same hotel. We taxied off to the Prince Edward theatre to collect the tickets , then popped into the Three Greyhounds for a drink before the show. Our seats were in the fifth row and right in the centre, fabulous! The show was just brilliant, has to up there with my very favourites. I especially love Frankie Valli and men's singing. The dancing was great too. After the show we wandered along and visited various pubs before having a big dinner in the Angus Steak house. Then off for one last drink in the Hog in the Pound before bed. It was a really fun night, espescially with Dean & Carol.
I love London, it's one place I'd really love to return to.



Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb