Amsterdam


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
September 17th 2010
Published: October 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We got to Amsterdam in the rain and trdged along the main street to our hotel. It turned out to be in a great location right amongst the shops and close to the red light district.
We walked around having a look about until evening then hit the red light district!
It's a lovely area with the cobblestone streets and the canals. It was quite early so a lot of the 'windows' were still closed but even so there were plenty of girls showing their 'wares'. Lots of them were really attractive but some were very ordinary!
Later we plucked up the courage to go to a live show! Interesting! It was a very small club and we were quite close to the stage. The first girl was very big and jolly but the others were pretty boring. Then the 'couple' came out and got stuck in! It was all very choreographed and there was no conclusion reached if you know what I mean. We left after that then went to a 'coffee shop' to sample their wares. It was a very fun night!
The next day we walked to 'Anne Frank's House'. It was fascinating, and quite sad, her real idary was on display as well.
We would have liked to have more time in Amsterdam, hopefully we'll return.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0355s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb