Market Bosworth and Leicester


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Leicestershire
June 18th 2018
Published: June 19th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Monday Market Bosworth & Leicester



The plan was to have a low key day and not travel far. Off to Market Bosworth to poke around their pretty and sometimes quirky gardens, then to the alpaca farm which had a cafe and gift shop. Market Bosworth is getting gussied up for the annual prettiest town competition - still not yet in its full glory. Robin took us to look as this cute garden and we chatted to the owner who told us all the critters in it were from “The Gruffalo” book.



Then we were off to Snarestone to then Alpaca farm and cafe, Mum and Robin checked out all the wools and we decided to stop for a light lunch - orange and parsnip soup - quite delicious!

Just before we left there was a call from Miriam suggesting we met her in Leicester at the Cathedral. This has become quite a tourist Mecca since the bones of Richard IIII were discovered and reburied at the Cathedral in 2015. A new stained glass window had been commissioned for this and there’s was loads of information around the periphery of the cathedral. It is also quite often used as an exhibition space and there was a really interesting exhibition about to open displaying clothes worn by refugees when they arrived at Lesbos, they would be wet and discarded and dry clothes provided - quite a powerful statement.

All the pews had been removed from the nave of the cathedral to make it a much more flexible space.





We enjoyed a wander around the lanes and shops nearby before finally heading home. We’d been out a lot longer and gone much further than intended, tragically some vegan chocolate had leapt into our hands in the chocolate shop and made up our dessert.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 36; dbt: 0.0318s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb