Arrival & luggage issues


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Leicestershire
June 14th 2018
Published: June 17th 2018
Edit Blog Post

The arrival

The wheelchair duly arrived for Mum in Birmingham airport with 2 very friendly and quite funny chaps there - one young fellow being inducted and shadowing the other. The younger chap was very chatty and we got quite a lot of his life story! Arriving at the luggage carousel, the only luggage that came around were the same 2 suitcases which circulated about 3 times. This was depressing, some other luggage finally arrived but it was from Frankfurt, the flight after ours - so off to the lost luggage counter - sure enough ours was still in Zurich. Forms were completed and she said they could send it via Munich and we should get it that night.



Rob and Jerry were waiting to collect us and we headed to Ibstock. We managed to hold our own til about 2 pm then headed for our respective beds. I woke about 5 and had a shower then lay down with a towel on me to finish drying off and promptly fell back asleep until about 7. Dinner with R J & Miriam and a wee chat with Bailey the elderly chinchilla. Our luggage arrived after dinner - hallelujah! We were sagging and ready for bed again by 9:30.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0526s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb