2012 Here We Come


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Kent
June 30th 2009
Published: June 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

2009 Sports Day at Slade School ..........

Lots of fun and some very creditable performances with at least one first place for each of the boys.

There was a house system in place which had recently been selected by the pupil council (apparently children think healthy competition is a good idea) - four houses compete based upon the elements earth, water, air and fire. The boys are all in Fire (red team) who scored a win in the Junior sports day and a very close second in Infants sports day.

Mum and Dad came along on the Monday to watch Henry and James race in the juniors (which explains the quality photos of Henry and James). They were to witness immediate success from James who burst through to a creditable second in the shuttle run. James went on to rack up one first (through some very deft skills in the football dribbling), three seconds and a third.

Henry showed remarkably clinical execution to land first place in the the quoit and beanbag on the head race. Unfortunately disaster struck in the football dribbling, however he helped Fire to overall victory with two further third places in other races.

The following morning (in sweltering 29 degrees) the younger sports stars lined up for infants event. In the very first race, despite being left on the the starting line talking to daddy, Ted triumphed in the dressing up race. He went on to sport a handsome collection of stickers on his chest which noteably included a nerveless first place in the egg and spoon race - it was as if the egg was glued to his spoon!

Some sporting coleman balls from the day(s)

1. Katherine offering advice to Henry just ahead of the dribbling the football race ... Henry instantly lost his way and ended stone last (he was not happy).
2. Watching a young lad winning the skipping race without doing any skipping.
3. Dad calling a young lad a cheeky little devil (reference 2 above) only to find his parents were standing just in front of us (don't think they heard).
4. Edward dancing a little jig when he needed to go to the toilet.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0385s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb