Back to Ramsgate


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Kent » Ramsgate
March 30th 2012
Published: September 2nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 51.3347, 1.41787

After a great trip to Malta we headed back to Ramsgate. We did not get back into Ramsgate until 11 at night. We headed straight for Ken and Debbie's home. We arrived to a warm reception and an amazing late night feast. It was so good to see or friends and catch up with them. Since we moved from Ramsgate Ken and Debbie got a English Bull Dog named Hendrix. He is the most lovable little guy ever. We went to Thai Orchid restaurant the next night to get our favorite lamb mango. It tasted even better than I remembered. Sunday night Debbie made Sunday roast dinner and boy was it a treat.

Monday morning I got up early and headed for the train station to get into London early. I went to Brew Wharf to meet my old brewing partner Angelo to Brew with him. We had a great brew day and after meet with some friends to have a few drinks. We then went to Craft Beer Company with Angelo and Tim Holt to have a few beers with Mes and Sim. After some great brews we went back to Mes and Sim's place to have some carry out and more great beers before hitting the hay for the night. We got a great nights sleep and headed back to Ramsgate and to the Gadd's home.

Eddie whipped us up some great curry and fresh hopped IPA for dinner. We took an afternoon to train out to Burwash to visit our friend Fiona and her daughters Phoebe and Celeste. Unfortunately her husband, Anton could not be there. We had a great lunch with Fiona and loved spending time with her. She has not changed a bit since our days at Northville High and we enjoy her company so much. We trained back to East Kent stopping in Canterbury to visit a new brew pub, The Foundry, where we meet the brewer Tom and had several good beers. We then went to one of our favorite restaurants and one of the few chain restaurants I like, Wagamama and had our favorite ginger chicken with udon noodles.

The next morning I was up early and off to meet Ruth and Graham to go over to Margate to the Winter Gardens to get ready to open the Planet Thanet Beer Festival. It was a great day seeing lots of friends and drinking lots of great real ales. It was an early night to sleep so we could be up early to head for the train station and the continent.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0457s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb