At the End of our Journey


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Kent » Dover
January 22nd 2008
Published: January 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

ValenciaValenciaValencia

Our pic of the Heliopolis which we could not get into unfortunately. The high building behind is the new theatre/concert hall. We shall go to something next time.

A Week's Drive from Cartagena to Folkestone



We are now almost finished our trip with stays in Folkestone (Lesley's brother and family) and then Guildford (Anne and Graham/daughter and son in law).

We set off from El Portus where we entertained Gerry and William from Devon and fellow members ofour Ringwood naturist club. We had popped in to see them on our way to Plymouth for the ferry in December. They had already booked a holiday in one of the cabins at El Portus for a month starting just as we would be leaving.

We popped in to see a cycling friend who was on a cycling holiday based in Denia. They were having a lovely time cycling the coast and hills around. But then it was north and north again.

The trip went without a hitch except the heater failed to work in the van half way up France because of some trouble with the battery. We were lucky it was so mild for mid January.

The highlights included the new cultural buildings in the centre of Valencia, truly astounding. Worth a detour definitely. Next were the hills of northern Spain around San Sebastian but
AlmanyeteAlmanyeteAlmanyete

We were taken on a walk around the campsite of Almanat near Malaga by George and Christine.
the sun stopped shining. And we only saw the sun again this morning in Folkestone. Not a glimpse throughout France where it rained for the first two days non stop. It was only drizzle in the main.

We visited Perigeux and Blois and stopped for the night in Le Touquet.

And so we are back hoping to catch up with everyone. All the best from us both

Michael and Lesley

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0336s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb