Work and Touring.


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Kent » Canterbury
August 2nd 2007
Published: September 2nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

For KeithFor KeithFor Keith

Not for dogs... for hair stylists.
Geo: 51.2773, 1.08052

Hi all,

I uploaded a couple more photos and videos to the previous entry so check that out also.

Yesterday I had to report to the site. I met most of the folks I would be working with. They were all very nice. The facilities in Sandwich are far superior to anything in the states. I got my official offer so the clock is now ticking. Steve spent the day going to employment agencies... most with the same results.. fill this out so we can put you in the system and come back when you know when you will be here.

Today we toured around a bit. Drove down to Deal and up through Sandwich. Stopped there for a pint. Went up through Ramsgate and Margate and over to Whitstable. Stopped in Whitstable for a pint. Most of the beaches here are rocky (about 2" in diameter). Not quite sand! We sat at a picnic table and enjoyed our pint. We were looking out over the sea. Sheppey Island to our left. And the world's largest off-shore wind farm to our right. Very cool! You can also see remains of old gun stations from WWII.... for protecting the inlet to the Thames. We tried to go to the country's oldest brewery in Faversham... however it was 5:30 and all of England closes at 4:00!

Tomorrow more touring. I think we are going to head back to St. Margaret's, a lovely little community on the sea.

Check out the pics. We miss you all. Kisses to that puppy... oh, oh, oh!

Love,
Steve and Kim


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Whitstable 01Whitstable 01
Whitstable 01

If you look real hard you can see the wind farm out there.
Whitstable 02Whitstable 02
Whitstable 02

Who needs a sandy beach!
Whitstable 03Whitstable 03
Whitstable 03

Can you see them?
Whitstable 04Whitstable 04
Whitstable 04

How about purchasing a "beach shack" for about £10,000?
FavershamFaversham
Faversham

CLOSED.


Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0368s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb