Round the World from Berkhamsted


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Hertfordshire
September 6th 2005
Published: September 6th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

RTW with Liz and Pete - Map 1

We start by heading southwestwards to Brazil / Argentina / Uruguay / Chile in South America and after a month spend a few days mid-Pacific on Easter Island before heading over the International Dateline (Map 1 ends!) and on to New Zealand.

Additional maps: RTW with Liz and Pete - Map 2

The Roff's are off!The Roff's are off!The Roff's are off!

Setting off from home
Family, Friends & Former Colleagues,

Welcome to our first TravelBlog entry!

As you are reading this, you're well on the way to finding out what we're up to, where we've been to and where we're going next ... if our resolve holds good you'll find it all here as the weeks go by!

We hope this is the first of many entries over the next 4 months, and that you will enjoy reading about our experiences in our whistle stop tour of South America / New Zealand / Australia / Indonesia / Philippines / Hong Kong / Singapore / Malaysia / Thailand (returning home in January 2006)! The two maps that accompany this message reasonably accurately plot our route around the globe - your challenge is to identify the rogue entries on each map (hint: no matter how we've tried to avoid it the plotter seems to insist on having at least one stopover in the mid-Atlantic whether you're travelling from South America to New Zealand or just doing a bit of country-hopping in South East Asia!) ... hopefully we'll become more conversant with the technology as time goes by!

We set off from Home tonight on the first leg of the journey ... our bags are packed, the reminder lists have been written (and re-written!!), and Rio here we come!

Advertisement



6th September 2005

Well, well
Very jealous of Shrewsbury here. Don't worry about us back home... new term starts tomorrow!
6th September 2005

Bon route!
Bon Voyage. Take care out there!
7th September 2005

Happy Hols
Hiya you two. Sorry not to call before you left, hosting a dinner party last night. Have a fantastic adventure. Looking forward to seeing you in a few months. Don't let mum get in with all those traveller sorts, and turn up in Thailand tattooed and dreadlocked!!! Love and Hugs. A
8th September 2005

Bon voyage
Pretty cool method of keeping evertyone up to date AND making us very jealous, not only of the journey but retirement in general, at the same time! Hope the travel hs been good to you so far and look forward to to the news as it arrives. Happy travelling and take care ......
13th September 2005

Who are lucky children then?
So the grand adventure begins. Back home in Blighty, concerned eyes track the progress of our intrepid duo. Now Push, I am awaiting amazing things from this, like your rescuing Liz from the unwelcome embrace of a jaguar or some huge snake. So let's see! We're watching!

Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0228s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb