Learning experience


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Hampshire
March 2nd 2006
Published: March 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Beth and Will 2004Beth and Will 2004Beth and Will 2004

Smile, smile, smile!

There is no such thing as a bad decision...



Apologies for the huge gaps in my journal entries, but I've been somewhat busy these last few weeks with training my replacement at IBM and making decisions about the imminent trip to Taiwan. I'll be glad when everything is sorted and Will and I can just leave!

I've realised that responsibility to others when we're making decisions can be immense. The best thing we can do is explain with honesty both the benefits and drawbacks of our decisions to those affected by it, then we know that we are doing the best we can and that we have made a good decision.

I've learned that the key skills in making good life decisions are courage, honesty, knowing your values and accountability. Stand courageous at life's crossroads. Stay honest about your values, fears, fantasies, strengths and limitations. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

Whatever decision you make, know that it was the right one at the time. With hindsight, we frequently judge our decisions, describing them as 'bad' or 'wrong', but no decision is good or bad in itself. All we can do is make the best decision we can with the information accessible to us and accept that time changes many things. Whatever decision you make, you will learn from it. If it doesn't work out, you will learn that you can handle it anyway, which, in itself, brings confidence and self-knowledge.

Of all the lessons in life worth learning, mastering decision-making is the most valuable and enduring. When it comes to the future, there are three kinds of people: those who let it happen, those who make it happen and those who wonder what happened. Your decisions are your future.

It's hard making decisions.... especially those that are life changing and affect those around me. It's particularly hard when the decisions have to be made with others - as many of mine have had to be, but I would say that this life-changing decision means Will and I are taking control of our future and that's a decision I'm happy with.

Advertisement



17th March 2006

Good Luck!!
Wishing you all the very best in your new venture and I will be thinking of you...... take care, missing you already!!! JO JO XXXX

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0243s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb