Here we are in the south and it's Hot Hot Hot and Blue Sky Gorgeous


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Hampshire » Emsworth
September 7th 2021
Published: September 7th 2021
Edit Blog Post

Lovely pretty boring drive to start the holiday but no other way to get from Staffordshire to Kent, East Sussex really so we hit the M1, M25 and headed south until we came to Crowborough. Some really slow stretches of motorway on the Ml and M25 but no specific accident holdups. Nearly came a cropper when an almost complete tyre appeared in front of us but Bob managed to steer us past it otherwise suspect it would have done something quite nasty to a beautiful motorhome with a little Smart Car behind.

We were staying in Crowborough for just one night to enable us to drop in on Bob grandson Pete and family a few miles down the road. The dog just about agreed to a photo so I took one and Dani's cake was delicious.

Next day,Tuesday, we headed West, just a couple of ours, to Emsworth, near to Chichester. This, the Travel Blog system informs me, is Hampshire. We stayed near to here last September but a little further East.

Our lovely campsite is Sawmills Farm. No central facilities but we have a fully serviced enormous pitch in a lovely field with only 4 others and even our own picnic bench and umbrella. We need that as it is Hot. About 28 degrees ish. Really could do with a pool to cool !

We headed out to explore and went to Portchester, to the West along the many sea inlets in this area. There is a castle so we headed there and went for a stroll. Into the extensive castle grounds but not the castle itself. Been here since Roman times and still completely encircled by a strong wall which also includes Portchester parish church. Icecream time.

Then to Wicar Marina a little further round the inlet and a drink at the Salt Cafe. Had to do it. It was low tide so lots of sludge and not a lot of water, a reminder of our days near Suffolk Hoo last month.

The road we had taken going West had been horribly stop start busy so I found a much nicer road back which took us along Portsdowni Hill and was lovely and scenic with views down to the coast. We stopped to admire the view and found that a lot of others had too.

Back to Welcome for dinner and such a gorgeous evening we ate outside even though it went dark at 8pm.


Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0282s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb