The beginning ... what happens from here is anyones guess!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater Manchester » Sale
December 17th 2006
Published: August 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Here we are, two passionate people in search of an adventure. This a story taking us from our little house in Manchester to far flung and wonderful places that we had so far only dreamed about. It's a story where we find out more about ourselves as individuals and where our limits may or may not be as well as story of two people coming closer together than they thought possible.

Unlike many stories on film or in books, and strangely you may think having read the previous couple of sentences, this is a story that starts with the happiest moment of our adventure. On January 6th 2007 in a country house hotel just outside of Manchester we were married. It was an amazing day with (almost) everyone we loved with us to celebrate, great food, unforgettable dancing and (unusually for January in the North of England) the best weather we could ever have hoped for.

Having built up careers over a number of years we had always harboured ambitions to see more of our incredible world and decided that it was now or never! We took the, some would say brave, plunge and bought our tickets. We were now committed!

The lead up to leaving was frantic as we planned not only the trip but a wedding too. Eveything would have to be changed from mortgage and insurance to where our cat would live! The list was long and at times seemingly endless! However we were eventually ready to leave everything familiar behind us to embark on our adventure. It was close to the wire but we made it and the journey of a lifetime began...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0198s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb