Jungle Fever '''


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater Manchester » Sale
August 8th 2007
Published: August 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Piccadilly  Gardens ManchesterPiccadilly  Gardens ManchesterPiccadilly Gardens Manchester

I very wet looking Piccadilly Gardens in Manchester city centre... before the sunny spell we are having now:)
So after a busy few days this week trying to recover lost blogs because of a serious server error that Ali the site owner has sorted out and helped many people to recover there blogs. So now im back to full speed and backed up my blogs......................not taking any chances this time......lol.


So back to the reason for the title, since i paid the balance of my trip on the 18.07.07, i had been thing about my itinerary and i thought this is a trip/tour of a life time and if i keep the traveling bug it will have to be contained in shorter trips in between work.............as i will need to venture back into the realm of work at some stage....................pity id like to travel forever, but hey no one is going to pay me to do that..................which is a real pity.............lmao.

So South American has always held a vivid fascination to you and is of particularly importance on my trip/tour and i want to get as much out of my adventure there and i love nature and wildlife, if i had Sky TV it would be for the Discovery channels and National Geographic. So i had
Views Of The Allotments @ Carlton Road, SaleViews Of The Allotments @ Carlton Road, SaleViews Of The Allotments @ Carlton Road, Sale

Views Of The Allotments @ Carlton Road, Sale
pondered the possibility of fitting a side trek to the Amazon, afterall it is the daddy of rainforest's...haha and so i did some interweb surfing...........but the were some crazy prices and most tours where like 10 days or more and included loads of side trips. Now the odd organized tour out of necessity is ok, but i want to cover most of Peru under my own steam and some of these trips did a railway whistle stop tour of Machu Pitchu (my spelling is possibly all wrong.......it happens...lol) and the whole thing of me using the Peru trek company in Peru was to do the hike up.................can not see the point of going on the train.............the whole buzz is doing the hike with Machu at the end. So none of these tours were a go, i then resorted to posting on the various travel forums im on for advice...................didn't get much help😞.

So then i thought hey Trailfinders do tours, i will nip back to Trailfinders and see what i can get there, anyway Terrence was not about, but i spoke to a really nice girl called Andrea and we looked through a few brochures and it was the 12- 15 day whistle stop and no change left from £2,000 scenario and then we looked through the GAP tours brochure and hit on the right tour, a 4 day trek in the Amazon and £190 which is darn good, although then noticed flights not included, so Andrea checked and GAP don't organize flights.....ohhhh, But well Trailfinders do flights so Andrea looked and she could get me a flight from Cusco and back for £83 including the trailfinders fee and i have since checked online direct with Lan Peru and it was £122, so with their fee, trailfinders is still cheaper. So £363 in total and a deposit of £183 to pay.........so i have arranged to go back in and book it with Terrence.

So next Wednesday i will put the deposit down and another adventure is added to this life changing tour/trip and next Thursday im going to see the practice nurse and have some or all of my injections and also find out what course of malaria tablets i will need and depending on the type it could be okish or budget busting.

Well i will have to see how much of a pin cushion i am next week...............lol

Bye for now😊

Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0634s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb