Edit Blog Post
Published: October 15th 2006
The Happy Couple
At a Curry House on the Curry Mile in Rusholme, Curryland. It was Stace's leaving do with her workmates.
Well it's almost time to head back home, and although we are coming back for another 6 months or so it still feels like the end of the trip!
It has been great fun, although it has does have its highs and lows - only two weeks ago Ben had an incident on his bike, where a car didn't indicate and turned in on him at an intersection. He's alright, just a bit of skin missing. The help he was given by the passers-by was great; they helped him up off the road and made sure contact details were swapped with the driver.
Some of the 'better' moments of the trip have been:
* Getting off on the wrong train station, in a different country (Slovakia)
* Reliving the Sound of Music in Salzburg... over and over again
* The backpacker's trip in the Czech Republic (sledding in the dark)
* Kareoke with some friendly hungarians, and relaxing in the Budapest Spas
* The mountains of Slovenia (and our dismal attempt at Snowboarding)
* Meeting the friendly family just outside of Venice, and getting a ride home...
* The Italian people, food and countryside
* Fun with some Isle of Man (Manx) people in Rome
* Realizing the state of the poor in Naples
* The people and scenery of Croatia
And then over here in England:
- The weekend in Ireland with Guiness in Dublin, and Van Morrison at a Blues Fest.
- Meeting an old Hindu man on the walk to the top of Mt. Snowdon in Wales
- Working with some great people, and living in a big city.
- Proms in the Park in Mancester (On the last night of the proms, with a live link-up)
- Visiting Blackpool, riding the rides and eating the fish and chips.
- Living with some fun Polish people, picking up a few words and getting their perspective.
- Getting to know the Curry. British style.
- Experience the English music festival scene at Leeds
- Bagpipes, scenery and Ben Nevis in Scotland.
Our living conditions are set to change when we get back (Around Dec 12) - we have to move out of our sharehouse and find a new place. We had signed a contract with the two remaining housemates (After two left to go back home and get married) But they also now need to go back to Poland, so with good timing we are movin' out and setting up when we get back in some new digs.
It's starting to get a bit cold here now - the days are definately shorter and its raining a bit more. This may not sound like the greatest weather to live in, but it does make you appreciate why the country is so green. From what we have heard about the conditions back home with high temperatures and no rain, it seems like such a stark contrast - our thoughts are with everyone affected by the weather.
It's not long now so we are looking forward to catching up with everyone in only a week or two, so SEE YOU SOON!
Ben and Stace / Stace and Ben
Tot: 0.225s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 18; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0185s; 1; m:saturn w:www (10.17.0.9); sld: 1;
; mem: 1.4mb