Is that Manchester Airport... ...or the gate to hell?


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater Manchester » Manchester
September 23rd 2010
Published: September 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

23Sep201023Sep201023Sep2010

Exhausted but excited.
LITTLE COCKY’S COMMENTS: We were all tired when we got to Abu Dhabi airport. Outside it was 35dg, so we stayed in the airport. It was 6:30am when we got there, but we felt like having lunch or dinner, so Dad & I had pizza and mum had Burger King! After that we had to fly another 8 hours to Manchester, England. It was day time so we could see out the windows where we were going. When we got to Manchester we had to wait for an hour and a half in customs, then when we got outside it was pouring with rain. I was so tired I fell asleep in the hire car place.


FROM GOANNA: We finally arrived at Manchester airport just in time for some heavy rain showers, which saw us put into a holding pattern for around 1/2 hour. Finally, we touched down just after our scheduled 3:15pm arrival. By the time we collected our belongings and organised both of the children, we found ourselves almost at the end of the queue at Passport Control. And that's where we waited... ...and waited... ...and waited.

Finally, 1 1/2 hours later, we were finally cleared
23Sep201023Sep201023Sep2010

Our first impression of an English summer - dark, cold and wet!
through and able to collect our luggage.

We were very pleased and relieved to see that all our luggage had arrived undamaged, particularly Possy's carseat capsule. By this time, we were all fairly subdued from exhaustion, and all felt like we were operating on auto-pilot. Even Little Cocky, who had briefly lost the plot a little while waiting at Passport Control, had given up asking how much longer til we got there, and gone quiet, to tired to protest about it any more.

Thankfully we managed to collect the hire car without any drama, apart from Cocky getting drowned in the heavy rain while loading up, plugged the address into the GPS and headed off to Sheffield in the pouring rain and gathering dark, with Cocky operating the wipers every time he went to indicate a turn - darned control levers were reversed compared to our cars at home!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.209s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0333s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb