It's been a while...


Advertisement
Published: June 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

111

Relaxing on the beach at Landudno!
Hiiiiii. Sorry about the long wait between entries, but I've been busy since Alex arrived and it's hard to find time to write a long entry. But this entry shall be long. With many photos! Hooray!

I'm gonna start from last Saturday which is when Alex arrived, because, to be honest, I can't actually remember what I did the week before. It's not that I didn't do exciting things, I just have a bad memory. Actually I can remember one thing I did, which we were meant to be saving for the night Alex arrived, but then she got stuck in Singapore, we went and had dinner during PIE WEEK. A pub just outside of Manchester held Traditional Pie Week last week so of course we had to attend. Our pies were bloody enormous too, but I will stop making you all jealous.

SO on Saturday morning Alex finally arrived at Manchester airport after being stuck in Singapore for many hours. She was sick and jetlagged so of course I took her for the Altrincham tour. That took up all of about 20 minutes. Altrincham is an exciting place I'm telling you, it's just not very big. After
222

Those motorised things, they were everywhere.
all the excitement I thought Alex should rest up so I didn't make her stay up to watch American Psycho.

On Sunday we decided to drive to Wales. It only takes about 2 hours to drive to Wales from Manchester. Convenient eh? First we stopped off in this little seaside town called Landudno which was full of people riding around by the "beach" on those little motorised things that old people have sometimes. The beach was full of big rocks, a bit of seaweed and the occasional patch of sand. At the end of the beach was this long wharf that looked like it was straight out of the 50s. There were little stores all along the wharf and music playing and everything was white and pastel coloured. We bought fudge! We also discovered that Landudno had it's own artificial ski slope which people were actually using. By then we had seen enough of Landudno and decided to press on to our initial destination - Caernarfon.

In Caernarfon we had cheap lunch then went to the castle in the middle of the town. We wandered through all the castle towers for a bit and were annoyed by Americans
333

Welsh mullets!!
who had to voice their every thought. More wandering through the town follwed until we decided to visit a Roman fort. We had trouble finding it and at one point we parked the car and were looking out the window and some Welsh woman with very little teeth (which also appeared to be sharpened) stopped and asked us what we were looking for. She was like some character from Little Britain but she was helpful in the end. And that was about all we did in Wales. The Welsh are a little strange.

Monday afternoon I took Alex out to the city for a look around and we then met my uncle Nick after he finished work so we could go out for Denise's birthday. Caught a bus to a pub and had a couple of drinks. I am slowly attempting to get Alex to drink beer, slowly but surely... She had a cider first but then later on a shandy! I'm getting closer. For dinner we went to the Curry Mile, it was great. The restaurant we went to had a fishtank in the floor. All down the Curry Mile there's this really sweet smell and according to
444

Me and Alex on the wharf
Nick it's this thing called 'Hubbly Bubbly' which is this device you put tobacco in and smoke it through long tubes coming out of it. Apparantly all these men go to different places down the Curry Mile and smoke this hubbly bubbly.

Wednesday we did nothing. Today we went to the DOCTOR WHO EXHIBITION at the Manchester Museum of Science and Industry. It was brilliant. They had heaps of props and costumes from the latest three series and we could even get inside a Dalek! Fun fun fun.

And that's about it methinks, I'll try and update more regularly. Oh and tomorrow will probably be one of the greatest days ever beeeccaaaauuuse I will be seeing RICKY GERVAIS LIVE!


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

55
5

Welsh is a great language.
66
6

The castle in Caernarfon.
77
7

Alex going down the steep steps in the castle.
88
8

Relaxing on a canon.
99
9

Alex in a hole.
1010
10

Me trying to take a picture of myself in the hole.
1111
11

Sandcastles - Welsh style!
1212
12

I think this was in the Christopher Eccleston series of Doctor Who?
1313
13

A Cyberman!
1414
14

Me with a cyberman!
1515
15

Those slave things.
1616
16

DALEK!


22nd June 2007

that Doctor Who exhibition is the seriously the best thing i have ever seen in my life. ever. i mean that. is this a set feature - will i be able to go see it when i go over next year, or is it just like one of those power house traveling road shows? sounds like you're having a good time anyway. have mucho fun!
22nd June 2007

Similiarity
So, looked at the Dalek video. Was confused though. Which one is you and which one is the Dalek? :)
28th June 2007

so ive just finished writing you a short but sweet email... and ive proceeded to post to your blog as promised :) sounds like you are having an awesome time!! im sooo jealous, i wish i could have met the welsh woman with the sharpened teeth, and smoked a hubbly bubbly, which, IM SURE, is the thing that gandulf smokes..oh, and speaking of LOTR, that denises birthday paragrah that you wrote.. i swear its a scene straight out of the movie...bar the fish..and welsh may aswell be elvish so looks like you're living the dream...the pie week also sounds like a place i would have THOUROUGHLY enjoyed.. meanwhile could you quote me on one of those motorised things xoxo

Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.029s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0652s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb