intu Trafford Centre - the third largest shopping centre in the United Kingdom!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater Manchester » Manchester
August 14th 2018
Published: August 18th 2018
Edit Blog Post

This morning we headed towards Salford again, this time to visit the intu Trafford Centre which is the third largest shopping centre in the UK. We were sort of looking for some new waterproof walking shoes for me so had hoped to find a few of the outdoor stores represented here. Unfortunately, the only outdoor shop in the centre is The North Face and they didn’t have much in the way of footwear.

We did, however, find something a bit more interesting than sandwiches for lunch sampling burritos today from Barburrito. The food court area had very subdued lighting and a blue, cloudy sky painted on the ceiling. It reminded us of being in a casino in Las Vegas more than in a shopping centre in England! Just to have some photos to post for the day, we photographed the Dolphin Fountain before making our way back out to the car through Marks & Spencer where we purchased a few ingredients for dinner. It’s our turn to cook again tonight.

When we arrived back in Stalybridge I found that our browsing around the shopping centre had left me short of my exercise and move goals. It can’t be all
Cloudy sky?Cloudy sky?Cloudy sky?

Subdued lighting and cloudy blue ‘sky’ ... like a Las Vegas casino
that big after all?? I decided to take a quick walk to achieve my goals before preparing dinner. This afternoon I walked to the top of Quarry Clough and turned left down Old Mottram Road. I walked as far as Fern Bank where I turned left and then left again at Mottram Road before slogging back up the hill to Kath and Albert’s.

After dinner Albert won Jo AGAIN and I won Crash narrowly from Kath. Bernie’s run of bad luck continues!



Steps: 11,615 (8.93kms)


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0731s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb