The leaving party!


Advertisement
Published: May 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

After visiting relatives in Bristol and Scotland for the last couple of weeks we've spent the last few days’ frantically packing up our flat. Our lives were successfully packed away into just 21 boxes! We were quite strict with ourselves regarding what we actually needed to take and what we should leave behind. It's amazing how much stuff you collect even over just a few years!

Once the boxes had been collected by the shipping company we were able to relax a bit and get on with the important task of preparing for the "everything must go party". The theme of the party being to encourage our friends to drink all our remaining alcohol and take away some of the items we weren't shipping. There was an eclectic selection of items, most of which got snapped up!

As the weather was so good, the party started off with a BBQ (good practice for Australia). We then headed down to a local pub with a nice beer garden and set up camp there for the evening. Thanks again to all of you that made it down, Liz and I had a great evening.

We now have one more week in Manchester to tidy up the flat and then the trip begins properly as we hit the road with our backpacks.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.388s; Tpl: 0.029s; cc: 16; qc: 89; dbt: 0.1287s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb