going......going........


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater Manchester » Didsbury
November 2nd 2008
Published: November 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

After too long thinking and talking about it me and Lynn booked our round the world ticket and we will be heading to South Africa on December 6th for 2 months, Thailand and Borneo for 11 weeks, then to the central American countries Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama and maybe on into South America depending....
I'm basically into the Natural World and years of watching David Attenborough documentaries has meant that I'm interested in seeing the flora and wildlife of some of the countries listed above especially Borneo and the rain forests of Central and South America. Plus a lot of the countries above are cheap to exist in and travel around.
I will be keeping this blog updated every few weeks, I'm doing it because there aren't enough hours in the day to email everyone all the time, also I don't want to impose lengthy emails on people that could be boring, this way people can look in on this blog (or not) if they want.
At the moment I'm on the home PC using a spell checker, but that won't be possible next time and from then onwards so I apologize for my spelling in advance.
Its been mental recently having goodbye drinks with lots of people, and often.
We've packed our stuff into boxes for safe keeping in a friend's cellar. All our worldly possessions fit into just 21 cubic feet of space, not much really, but how much stuff do you need?
Lynn has very helpfully and persistently suggested that to reduce storage space still further I should sell my 1980's hardcore punk vinyl record collection to a second-hand record shop, or better still perhaps just throw them away.
Ive told her that to avoid continual disappointment she should forget such foolish and unrealistic ideas and leave them in the past.
There's plenty we'll miss while away but off the top of my head here's a few things I will be glad not to have in my face at least for the while........
Russel Brand, Johnathan Ross, Simon Cowell, Kerry Katona, Jordan, Peter Andre, Paris Hilton, Jade Goody, George Michael stoned, Victoria Beckham pouting, Jamie Oliver just because, Bruce Forsyth, Jeremy Kyle, Richard Madeley, Angelina Jolie, Madonna, Guy Ritchie, reality show wanabees - pop star wanabees - soap operas - television - newspapers - being fleeced by speed and bus lane cameras - permanently crap weather and work



Advertisement



13th November 2008

you lucky son of a gun
19th November 2008

buen viaje
see you in Thailand xxx
21st November 2008

Cape Town Capers!!
See you both in Cape Town with a Discharge t-shirt in one hand and a hair dryer for Lynn in the other!! xx
7th December 2008

a helping hand
if Lynn continue to pester you, about the records, i am willing to take care of them for as long as need be. looking forward to seeing you in Cape Town.

Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0615s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb