Not long left at all.


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater Manchester » Bolton
January 4th 2011
Published: January 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

its been a few weeks since our last entry and its been a busy period. Chritmas and New Year have come and gone and travelling is getting even closer!!!

i'm getting more and more excited as everyday passes. 41 days untill we leave! 😱

Our collection of travel kit is getting bigger all the time and Xmas was a great help, from mosquito nets to first aid kits we got alot of much needed gear. But we still need more, mind its only little things left like a travel journal and some medication.
Travel injections are well underway with Kim having had all her Hep A and Typhoid, 2 rounds of Hep B and Rabies.
I on the otherhand have had my Hep A and Typhoid and one Hep B, my first Rabies was supposed to be today but a supply problem at asda means ive had to go elsewhere, the even more expensive boots!! With my appointment at 4:15 and the vaccine supposed to be being delivered at 4, its gonna be impossible to pick it up and get to the doctors in time. Time is getting tight aswell with next week being the last week i can start the rabies course and finish it in time for leaving.

January has alot going on travel organisation wise, on the 14th we can start to apply for visa's to Thailand and Vietnam. A bit of confusion on the Thai visa front lead me to ringing the consulate in liverpool to get some advice, instead i got a very unhelpful recoreded message about nothing useful. So instead a call the the birmingham consulate got me sorted, a Double entry Thai tourist Visa is what i need and £56 is what it'll cost. Vietnam was alot easier with a quick email to the embassy in London i got all the required information. £44 this one costs meaning visa's in total will of cost £100 plus the Oz working visa and i can't remeber how much we paid for that. Probably alot!

As well as visa's we've got to sort out everything that we're leaving behind. My bank needs to be notified that im going away, student loans need forms returning, important documnets need to be photocopied, e-mailed and organised. I'm off back to Newcastle to see my family because i didnt get to over Xmas, that'll be more travel kit accquired.

And amongst all this we both still have to work to get money saved up! busy busy times.

Anyway, off to get my 2nd Hep B

See you all later!

Daniel



Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0209s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb