The Maze at Hampton Court


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
July 29th 2010
Published: June 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 51.5002, -0.126236

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> Hampton Court and a night at the theatre were the main attractions for our last full day in London. We took the tube, then a Southwest train to Hampton. The train station is just across the Thames from Hampton Court, so we first stopped for lunch in a little garden café, and then crossed the bridge to see HamptonCourt. The maze at Hampton was what I was most interested in seeing. We did follow the audio guide through the kitchens and through Henry VIII's rooms, but we didn't go through all of the buildings. I found the audio guides to be rather hard to listen to. As well as straight information about the displays, it includes a dramatization with period characters speaking. For me, that distracted from what I wanted to hear and slowed us down too much. The maze was fun and full of kids running all directions just excited to be lost inside it. We made it to the center pretty easily just by taking a left turn at the entrance then always bearing right. I guess it's more fun when your ten years old and you don't think about what you're trying to do.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.301s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 41; dbt: 0.1062s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb