Chinese Visas for UK visitors


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
October 5th 2010
Published: June 23rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 51.5002, -0.126236

I got my Chinese visas through London Chinese Visa Service Centre for £65.25. There are agents/ Tours who will charge you extra fee but it is easy to do it directly. (One agent quoted me £99). You can also do it through post and pay extra for postage, or you can apply at the centre. If you apply at the centre then you have to book online appointment and drop the form / passport and collect it after 4 days for regular service.

It took me 15 mins to drop and 25 mins to pick up (I was there at lunch time). There is Visas centre in London and Manchester. For the UK passport holders here are the steps to getting Chinese visas directly 😊 Go on website www.visaforchina.org.uk/visaen/visaView.html…

If you are in London or Manchester both have service centres so you can apply in person.

1) Book a online appointment of your choice
2) Download the Visa form, print and fill it.
3) Go for your appointment and take Passport and visa form
4) Wait for your turn to drop, they have tickets. I only waited 10 mins but I chose a thursday.
5) Service counter will take the Passport and visa form, check and give you receipt . They will arrange a day (4th working day) to collect the Passport. If you want the visas urgently please state that on the visa form and you have to pay extra for service charge for urgent visas. Regular tourist visas take 4 working days and you have to pay £30 visa fee plus £35.25 for service charge. I paid for regular 30 days tourist visas.
6) Pick up the passport on the day arranged. you can go anytime between 10-4. Pick up ticket and wait for turn. ( I waited 25 mins but went at lunch time on Tuesday)
7 ) Pay the right amount , I paid £65.25 and they hand you the passport with visa stamped. It will take a whole page of your passport.
Check the name and entry is ok on the Passport.

Here is the Chinese London service centre address :
Morley House,
26 Holborn ViaductLondon,
EC1A 2AT
Tel : 0207 842 0960
Fax: 0207 842 0961
E-mail:ukcentre@visaforchina.org.
The service centre is only 5-10 mins walk from Chancery lane tube station and is just before the bridge.


You can also apply for visa through the postal service which will cost you £15 extra, if you cannot make it in person. Send in the passport, filled form, the right money with E form and they will post it back.

I am so excited now 😊











Advertisement



Tot: 0.251s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1294s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb