Christmas Day in London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
December 25th 2013
Published: June 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 51.5002, -0.126236

Our flight landed safely at 4.40am,we had a long flight of 13.5 hours from Hong Kong , once it became late, I was constantly up due to toilet breaks and just stretching my legs and happened to start talking to some people who were sipping on champagne and seemed to be having a good time, so they asked if I wanted a champagne to celebrate Christmas Day so why not!!!!
Clint eventually came down the back too and was lucky enough to get some champagne too. When we finally got to Heathrow Airport, everything in the airport was shut, London just shuts down on Christmas Day!! Believe it or not!!
Our transport to the hotel collected us and took us to the Castleton Hotel,when we arrived , their computer was down and the man behind the desk could hardly speak English!
Well finally, we were able to get in to our room(think our caravan is bigger), then they offered us breakfast so we went and enjoyed our first English breakfast . We then went for a walk with the girls through Hyde Park, it was a beautiful fresh morning, we saw squirrels running and climbing trees, ducks on the pond, and lots of people out on a gorgeous day for a walk too. We headed through Green Park towards Buckingham Palace, and suddenly we were standing in front of one of the most famous tourist attractions in the world! Such an unreal place to be! After taking photos, we headed back through Hyde Park, past the Winter Wonderland to Marble Arch and saw the start of Oxford street. After, we headed back to our hotel, refreshed, and went out for our Christmas lunch at Fountains Abbey. Our lunch was nice but not too flash but was edible!! We went back for a "two hour nap" and I woke up 7 hours later.
I woke up everyone and we then caught a taxi over to see the Harrods Christmas Lights and shop windows. Then we came back to the hotel and bought some hot chips from the fish and chip shop across the road, then to back to bed for some more sleep!


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Buckingham PalaceBuckingham Palace
Buckingham Palace

Out the front of the Gates of Buckingham Palace


3rd January 2014

Looks great. Hope Santa didn't pinch you lunch!
12th January 2014

Hey Nikki... nice smile... x How cool is Buckingham Palace... the gold is so much better to see in real life. What an awesome experience for you all xxx
12th January 2014

Very Cool... :-)
12th January 2014

Now thats a shop!!!!
12th January 2014

Great photo girls

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb