Georgia - pretty villages


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
November 30th 2016
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 51.5206, -0.124038

Day 3. Pretty Villages
Cherhill to Woodstock (via Lacock and Castle Combe)

Everyone else started early with jetlag, but I seem to have adjusted to the change in time zones just fine.

We packed up the joinery in the morning and then set off. We drove to see Salisbury Hill, the long Barrow, some smaller barrows and Avesbury, enjoying the beautiful, crisp day and the crunch of frost beneath our feet.

We then had a delicious breakfast at a truck stop and drove to Lacock.

In Lacock we walked around the beautiful little village (used in Downton Abbey, Pride and Prejudice, and Emma). Then toured the Abbey. The inside was closed but we walked through the cloisters which were used in Harry Potter! We then had lunch and drove to Castle Combe.

Castle Combe has also been used in movies such as War Horse. It was very pretty and we walked around and had a hot chocolate there.

We then drove to Woodstock where we spent the night.

The weather was beautiful but freezing again today! We also really enjoyed driving through towns with names like Tiddlywink and Chipping Sodbury!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0245s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb