Georgia - Bath


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
November 29th 2016
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 51.5205, -0.124248

Day 2. Bath
Bath

We started the day with a short walk from our cottage to see the white horse and the monument. We then had breakfast with milk from glass bottles and set off to Bath.

We realised we had a problem though upon going to our car as the temperature was still sub-zero and frost was covering the windscreen!

We then drove to Bath. Here we started by touring the Baths and sampling the water (which tasted gross!) They were very beautiful and it's so interesting that their existence was completely forgotten! We also had a peek into the pump room (now a restaurant) where it was easy to imagine Jane Austen's characters promenading.

We then had lunch and went to the Jane Austen museum. This was definately the highlight of my day! We learnt about her life and time in Bath which was lovely and very enjoyable! �� We also got to dress up in period clothes!

We then walked and saw the circus and the Royal Cresent. We the visited Number 1 Royal Cresent which is decorated in a Georgian fashion. It also was set up for a Georgian Christmas.

We the drove back to the Old Joinery and had dinner nearby. The Weather was lovely and clear all day but very cold (-5 - 5°C)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.033s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0164s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb