Georgia - the world's longest day


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
November 28th 2016
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 51.5206, -0.123864

Day 1. The world's longest day
Brisbane to Cherhill

We had a 34 hour day thanks to the help of time zones! On Sunday night we had dinner at Aunty Amanda's and then she and Grandad drove us to the airport. We had a 12:45 flight but it was delayed to 1:30, which meant we spent a lot of time in the airport! I got to experience some interesting angles of Brisbane, lying on the floor trying to get some rest.

We then flew 8 hours to Hong Kong and then after a 1 and a half hour stop over had a 12 hour flight to London. The first flight was very turbulent, but the second was a lot more pleasant (fortunately given the flights length!!) On that flight I watched Becoming Jane which was lovely and Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, which was less lovely and more gruesome! The boys were very impressed that they served lunch twice on the plane (with "lionshead" being one option) and had a endless supply of chips and two minute noodles on board! It was also a nice flight in that the sky was clear and I could see Holland and the windmills as well as Windsor Castle and the London Eye as we circled Heathrow.

We landed at about 2:45pm and went through customs extremely quickly. We then went to collect the car and enjoyed the "fresh" English weather!!

We then drove an hour to the village of Cherhill (near Mulbourough) and stayed at the old joinery, which is lovely cottage. We had a delicious dinner at the Black Horse Inn across the road and then went to bed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.214s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0574s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb