Running Through Heathrow


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
March 28th 2012
Published: June 12th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 51.5002, -0.126236

Anna and I had a non-eventful flight to London. She has always wanted to fly "upstairs" on a 747, and we were able to get seats up top, which she enjoyed. Because of the Ponzi scam British Airways uses when making award seats available, the only seats we were able to get were in Business Class. Mind you, I can't say that we minded, but it still seemed excessive. The good part is that we're now done with BA miles. So, we had a distinct advantage over K and Jane in that our seats turned into proper beds, and we both got a pretty good sleep. As there was a near complete lack of tail wind, our flight took about an hour longer, which was good in allowing us more time to sleep, but bad in that we had little time to make our connection.

As soon as we hit the ground, we ran off the plane and just kept running. We had to clear Customs while at Heathrow and then, for a still unknown reason, go back through security. All that left us with a literal couple minutes to sprint to our gate, and just make our flight. We made it, albeit out of breath.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0244s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb