Sunny London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
October 13th 2006
Published: October 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well, we made it to London, despite the fact that our alarm didn't go off in Singapore, causing a mad rush to the airport in a taxi. We arrived Sunday night at around 7pm at Heathrow.. the pilot told us we were lucky to have been able to land and find a parking spot, but the bad news was that there was no terminal for us - so we had to wait for a bus to take us from the plane to the terminal. This meant a lot of waiting around in the plane, but once we finally got out it was so nice to breath some cool refreshing air - especially after Singapore!

The flight itself was fine - I think I went through 6 movies - didn't sleep at all, which was fine because I had the window seat and the weather was really fine and clear, and it was day time the entire way so I had an amazing view of everything we flew across. Then, the darkness finally caught up to us somewhere above the UK, and so flying into London we had a great view of all the lights.

We've spent the past four days wandering around the city, trying to see as much as we can for free - which isn't actually all that difficult - there are heaps of free things to do here.. the most expensive thing is the travel - its costing us around 5 pounds a day to catch the tube to and from the centre of London..

So far we've seen the Imperial War Museum, which was a bit disturbing, what with its Holocaust exhibit; the Tate Modern (only one floor though coz it's so huge and we were a bit tired of all the walking by then..); the Museum of London; and Hyde Park. Just beginning to scratch the surface. We have a few more days here before we fly to Amsterdam next Tuesday 17th October.

All you people who said you couldn't get fresh fruit and veg in London were totally lying!! You can buy a kilo or more of bananas for only 1 pound!! 1 pound! And fresh raspberries, a huge container for 1.50!! I didn't realise how much I missed bananas, but its so nice to be able to eat one or two a day and still have change for the raspberries :p



Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0494s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb