London Town and Around


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
August 26th 2016
Published: August 29th 2016
Edit Blog Post

London City tripping around, mastered the Tube and the buses etc. Thanks to Lynne and Tony for a heads up on how it all works. Saved a heap of fluffing around.

Started out with a massive brekkie at the Harvester pub (heart attack on a plate). Went to check out the London Eye and the que was a million miles long so we might do it in the next couple of days. Book Online is the key. Take note you Kiwis looking to come over.

We then went to check out Churchills War Room. This is huge it also has a museum of Churchills life. Quite interesting if you are into that sort of thing. I guess I'm not.

Desperately needing a loo we shot into the Art Gallery. Stayed quite awhile and took in a bit of culture at the same time. Not really our thing but was quite fascinating all the same. Even managed to pick out Constables work amounst all the paintings.

We looked around the inner city again and then took the Tube to the Tower of London. It's a lot bigger than we thought. Went into the torture dungeons and checked out the Crown Jewels (no pics sorry not allowed) in a massive vault. Went into the White Tower and checked out the Armoury, they have everything that all the Kings wore plus more back in the day, it's huge.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0229s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb