Our Route


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
October 10th 2006
Published: October 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

* Our Route *

On November the 11th 2006 we jet off from a cold, muggy London to begin our travels. It's sad to leave behind the people you care about, but we'll be back in no time! I've written out a rough route below. Check it out.....


Thailand
On the 11th November we will leave a no doubt muggy, cold London for Singapore to begin our Asia leg of the trip. First off aim to see KL in Malaysia, then fly up to Bangkok. From there we want to see the northern area of Chang Mai, then travel through Laos, Cambodia, and Vietnam.

Next we’ll be going down towards Phuket and will be eating our Christmas dinner and unwrapping all our presents (or lack of) in Koh Samui, so spare a thought for us. We’ll be seeing in the New Year on Haad Rin Nok beach, Koh Phangan, and two days later is the world famous ‘Full Moon Party’ on the same beach. That week is certainly going to sort out the men from the boys!

After nursing our hangovers we will make our way up to Bangkok, check out the place and no doubt buy loads of stuff to send home or take with us on the next part of our travels - Australia.


Australia
After catching a flight from Bangkok down to Singapore, we’ll be off to Alice Springs via a connecting flight from Darwin. We have booked a two day trip to see Alice Springs and Ayres Rock. After experiencing Ayres Rock at sunset and sunrise, we’ll be jumping on a plane over to Cairns to begin the ‘Cobber’ Oz Experience trip down to Sydney. But before we get on the Oz Experience bus, we plan to take a trip up to Cape Tribulation.

There’s obviously a lot to do down the east coast of Australia - Fraser Island, Surfer’s Paradise, Whitsunday Islands etc, so we’ll see how that pans out. We’ve got until the 18th of February to get it done; our flight leaves for Christchurch, New Zealand that day.


New Zealand
We decided to book the ‘Top Dog’ Kiwi Experience which takes us around the southern Island then on to the north island where we leave from Auckland. I don’t know much about New Zealand, but from what I’ve heard it is supposed to be one amazing place!

I for one am planning to do the majority of my ‘extreme sports’ stuff here - the question is will I have the guts to jump out of a plane, bungee, white water raft, paraglide? One thing I’m definitely going to do is ‘Zorbing’!


Fiji
We land in Nadi on the 18th March. After all the activity and adrenalin filled weeks previous, I imagine a week sunbathing in Fiji will be just what the doctor ordered - and that’s just what we’ve got planned! Got to top up the tans before we hit Los Angeles…


Los Angeles, USA
It will be March 25th 2007 when we touch down in LA, and I’m pretty sure that even with the greatest intentions and the best in-depth and well thought out budget know to man we’ll be more than a little skint by this stage!! So it will be interesting to see what happens here, just three days before we fly back in to Heathrow.


London, England
March the 28th and we'll be back where we started, and I for one will be unemployed and looking for a job! It’ll be worth it though! You only live once and !

Obviously this could all change, who knows, but I hope that gives you the general gist.

Sounds good doesn’t it…….

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb