The time is nigh...


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
October 6th 2006
Published: October 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Roxie & RiaRoxie & RiaRoxie & Ria

Ria & Roxie go travelling!
Not long until we go now, the nights leading up to our departure sure are sleepless...

Ria and I have been friends for years now and are getting ready to embark on our journey to Thailand, Singapore, Australia's East Coast and then Hong Kong before heading back home.
Im excited yet scared at the same time, it must be the fear of the unknown. Scary!
Luckily when we get to Thailand we will be met by Pat who lives there. She will be picking us up and escorting us around Bangkok which is great because that means we hopefully wont get scammed (hmmm)!

I packed my backpack yesterday...terrible! Its so heavy and full to the brim! I can't handle this, I'm gonna need to rethink the bag situ... I mean, really, the backpack is a good 70 litres (MASSIVE!), yet too small for everything I wanna take with me. How am I supposed to carry my life in my bag for 10 months huh?! I'm in that frame of mind at the moment thinking I'm gonna get there and regret not bringing 7 pairs of shoes, 6 dresses, a blow dryer, hair straightners and all my going out clothes etc. Dont get me wrong, I'm all up for trying to go travelling 'backpacker-style' but surely I can be a tad non-conformist and go 'backpacker-in-true-style'...? We'll see eh :0)
I'll let you know...

So I've spent this week catching up with everyone and saying my goodbyes. Its sad saying adios but I'll be back before you know it so it's all good!

Advertisement



10th October 2006

Hope the journey was cool!
Hi Girlies Just logged on to have a quick nosey at you bloggers! You will most probably read this once you have touched down, if so I hope it all went well on your flight over! Have a great time both of you dont forget to keep in touch. P.s you'll probably be a few foot shorter when you get back where your backpacks have weighed you down!! Farewell -Kym, Ashley and Boys XX

Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0541s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb