The story thus far...


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
December 28th 2015
Published: December 28th 2015
Edit Blog Post

So we start our adventure with an idea borne from a acute case of job dissatisfaction. The decision to act on this very , at the time, loose plan was actually very easy and quickly became a greatly exciting prospect. Liz is fortunate to work in a job where she has been able to take a career break. I, however, will need to resign from my job and hope they will take me back when I get home!

Having decided to travel in a camper van, Liz spent around four months agonising over van after van on eBay and various other sites. A couple of times we saw what we thought would be the van of our dreams, only to be underwhelmed by it when we viewed it or priced out. However, as Liz approached her 30th birthday (maybe another reason for the trip) we stumbled across Herman.

On the day after Liz's birthday and with rather mean hangovers we drove to Milton Keynes, with Liz's Dad to view Herman, excited by the fact we were pretty certain we would be driving home that afternoon. Luckily for us, after Liz and Graham came back out from underneath his "belly" he was given a thumbs up and we happily bought him there and then.

Other than the minor delay when his steering column cover had to be removed so we could untangle all the wires that got caught up around it, before we'd even driven away, it was a great day! Since then we've been gradually accumulating a number of strange and incredibly practical items that we never thought we'd own, such as a chemical toilet and a set of chocks!



And now begins the planning...

Advertisement



2nd May 2016

On the road at last!
Well done girls! A lot to organize- flat to clear and clean, rabbit to "farm out", van to sort out with many mechanical and technical glitches and finally a week of goodbye gatherings! All of which from an outside perspective looked horribly chaotic at times!! So hats off to you both and Bon Voyage x

Tot: 0.194s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0322s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb