Rain rain rain


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
August 12th 2006
Published: August 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

PicnicPicnicPicnic

Marina on our picnic, there are a surprising number of parks in London. This one is about 5 minutes walk from my house.
Finally it's raining. Which is bad for me, because it makes it hard to walk around, but it's great I'm sure for everyone else as there's a big drought on at the moment. On Thursday it drizzled a bit too, mostly whilst Marina and I stood outside Buckingham palace waiting for the changing of the guards, only to be told, after waiting 20 minutes that it was only every second day that the changing of the guards occurs and that it was not today!
We also went and saw the Tower of London and the tower bridge and Westminster Abbey.
Not much else to report, although I took alot of photos last night so enjoy some people shots finally.



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Buckingham PalaceBuckingham Palace
Buckingham Palace

Check out all the dissapointed tourists who have just come all the way here to see squat!
Postcard shotPostcard shot
Postcard shot

Doubledecker bus in front of Big Ben! I took this shot from outside Westminster Abbey.
Westminster AbbeyWestminster Abbey
Westminster Abbey

It cost £10 to get in so we didn't bother!
Westminster AbbeyWestminster Abbey
Westminster Abbey

This gives you an idea of the size of the place, that's me standing by the wall.
Tower of LondonTower of London
Tower of London

We walked around, but again didn't go in as it cost £15!
Tower BridgeTower Bridge
Tower Bridge

Me on the side of the Thames, tower bridge behind me.
Tower BridgeTower Bridge
Tower Bridge

Tower bridge up close
WowWow
Wow

The rarest thing you can find in London. A rubbish bin!!!
FlattiesFlatties
Flatties

Blo, Marina, Dave and me. Taken with a timer so excuse the crappy shot.
FlattiesFlatties
Flatties

Dave and I.
FlattiesFlatties
Flatties

Blo getting annoyed with Dave.
FlattiesFlatties
Flatties

Marina and Dave. Gee, they look happy together.


Tot: 0.218s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0395s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb