The Church


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
July 30th 2006
Published: July 31st 2006
Edit Blog Post

While I have heard about day clubs in Sydney before, I have never been to one. For those people that haven't finished partying from the saturday night before, you can head to the Church at about 12pm Sunday, to keep drinking, dancing and playing crazy drinking and dancing games on stage in front of thousands of people.

The Church is a massive old theatre, renovated into a club / pub. They play great music, the MC gets people up on stage to play lots of funny games and there is even a hint of more adult entertainment.

Any trip to the bar means first paying for a drinks voucher, then moving along to pick up your plastic bag with three cans of drink in it. You can choose your poison, or ask for a random mixture of different beers, ciders or premixed bourbons or vodkas. The idea is then to tie the plastic bag to your belt while you drink your three cans.

It is a strange feeling to walk out of a club into bright afternoon sunlight, I have seen the occasional sunrise before but never the blazing afternoon sun!

After a quick trip to maccas for a late lunch, we headed to the Walkabout again to continue the party. It was an awesome day, and an experience I would recommend to any other partygoers visiting London.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 39; dbt: 0.0247s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb